Recovery TonicTM is a unique, proprietary blend of various forms of the ashwagandha root.
Its adaptogenic properties have been known both through traditional uses and through scientific studies.
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), also known as Winter Cherry or Indian Ginseng:
- Besides being significantly tonifying it is simultaneously calming rather than over-stimulating, thus very appropriate for people who have nervous exhaustion due to stress or are recovering from acute or chronic health challenges;
- Given, in a study, as a tonic in milk for normal children (2 g per day for 60 days) it was shown to increase total plasma proteins, healthy weight, hemoglobin, and hand grip!
- Adaptogenic and tonic effects seen in animals (better weight in the new born offspring, better metabolic rate, less inflammatory markers, etc);
- Promotes a normal white cell count;
- Supports less weight loss in chronic disease states, helpful in convalescence;
- Increases resistance to cold stress;
- supports the healthy function of the adrenal gland with a stable cortisol level;
- promotes a normal blood pressure;
- reduces inflammatory markers, for example decreases glycosaminoglycan content in inflammatory granulomas; decreases the inflammatory marker alpha-2-macroglobulin;
- promotes normal cell division;
- traditionally used as an aphrodisiac and energizing tonic.
As unique features the formula contains:
- a full spectrum of the ashwagandha root: whole root; standardized extracts for a reliable effectiveness; the naturally occurring salts and minerals of the root;
- rhythmically prepared additional trace minerals to better enable an effectiveness at all three levels of body, mind and spirit (based on Rudolf Steiner's indications)
- the thermo-nutrient BioperineTM, a special black pepper extract that greatly enhances the plasma levels of all active ingredients.
In general follow instructions on the bottle. For more immediate results, when a stronger effect is desired take 2 capsules three times daily for several weeks.
All products at True Botanica are made in an NSF GMP registered facility.